Welcome to Journey To Be! I’m so happy you stopped by.
I’m Milveen and I started this blog to help moms find balance in life. From experience, I know that juggling motherhood, work and life can be hard. It gets overwhelming! I’m sure you can relate.
That’s why I started this blog. It kind of started off as an online journal to capture my thoughts on new motherhood and to share some of the things I was learning. Since those early days, the blog has expanded to become a place meant to educate moms on all things related to parenting, fitness, healthy eating, personal development and how they influence life balance.
What sets this blog apart from others, is the focus on the Canadian experience. When I was pregnant with my daughter, being the researcher that I am, I was eager to learn as much as I could about my changing body and my baby. I downloaded apps, subscribed to newsletters and spent hours scouring the web for helpful information. While there’s a great deal of information out there, the one thing missing was the perspective from the Canadian experience.
It was great to read about events and in-person networks for new moms but they didn’t help in my quest to learn more because I couldn’t take part. So that’s where the idea of Journey To Be came from. I’ve been blogging since 2015 and loving every minute of it!
With this blog, I want to help you find a balance that suits your lifestyle by sharing inspiration based on timely topics to help you along the way and answer your questions.
More than anything I want this to be a community for moms to come together and share their stories and encourage one another.
I’m really excited to share this journey with you and hope you stop by often to enjoy some fresh new ideas! Plus, I’d love to hear from you so please share your thoughts and experiences.
Fun Acts About Me
- I have a three year old daughter. I like to say she’s three going on 15! She’s a little comedian and loves to make her mama laugh
- In high school I taught myself to play tennis after spending a summer watching nothing but tennis. It’s now my favourite thing to do, it’s a perfect workout for me
- I’m a bit of a nerd! I’m so into Marvel it’s embarrassing. I haven’t read the comic books but the love LOVE the movies
- I’m a writer in real life! I not only get to blog because I enjoy it but I get to write for a living. I work for an amazing Startup
- I live in Toronto. I stay pretty close to home during the winter months but come spring and summer, you’ll find me at festivals, concerts and live sporting events
- I’m not into fashion per se but I have more shoes, boots, sandals and purses than I care to admit. It’s ridiculous. Not only that, but my daughter isn’t too far behind (yikes!)
- I’m training to run my first 10k race. I’ve run quite a few 5k races and think it’s time to try something new