There are days when the voice of self doubt seems louder than anything else. Whether you’ve missed out on an opportunity you really wanted or you made a mistake, self doubt creeps in and overshadows everything.
Self doubt only serves to paralyze and stop progress. The more we listen to it, the more we talk ourselves out of moving forward. That’s why we need to break the cycle.
Fortunately, you don’t have to get stuck. Rather than giving in negative thoughts, replace them with positive ones. It helps when you have them at the ready. That way you can immediately substitute a negative thought for a positive, encouraging one.
Here are 60 positive affirmations for you to meditate on. They’ll help reinforce positive thought patterns, keep you moving forward and shake off setbacks. More than anything, they’ll remind you of how awesome you are and what you’re capable of.
- I believe in myself
- I’m worthy of my success
- Hard times make me stronger
- I’m responsible for my joy and happiness
- I’m not perfect, I’m just human
- I deserve to be happy
- I can reach my goals
- I’m beautifully and wonderfully made
- I believe that good things are possible for me
- I accept who I am
- There’s a season for everything: difficult circumstances come and go
- I won’t say no out of fear
- I’m doing my best
- I’m grateful for everything I have
- I deserve to refuel my body and care for myself
- I was made to fulfill a purpose
- I have the power to do anything I put my mind to
- I’m strong and courageous
- I’m beautiful
- I deserve complete and unconditional love
- All things work together for my good
- I’m enough
- I deserve respect
- I’m proud of my uniqueness
- I’m worth it
- I have the strength to face challenges head on
- My past doesn’t define my future
- I choose to find the joy in each day
- I’m a child of God, He’s always with me
- I’m smart and confident
- I love myself completely and wholly
- I’m blessed
- I know that it’s OK to fail as long as I get back up again
- I can adapt to whatever comes my way
- I’m complete in Christ
- I’m authentic, genuine
- I choose happiness over fear
- I won’t allow the actions or words of others to define how I view myself
- I’m ready to step out of my comfort zone
- I’m a complex person and that’s OK
- I know that there’s a wonderful plan for me
- I’m God’s work of art
- I forgive myself
- I trust myself and have faith in my abilities
- I choose to fill my life with joy and positivity
- I choose to let go of past hurts
- Money doesn’t define my happiness
- I work hard and deserve the credit I get
- I’m a good mother
- I’m confident in my knowledge and understanding of things
- I’m passionate and enthusiastic
- I’m bold and ask questions when I don’t understand something
- I’m open to opportunity
- I learn from my mistakes
- I’ve been chosen to bear fruit and be successful
- My future holds endless possibilities
- I refuse to worry about the things that are out of my control
- I value my health
- I’m wonder woman
- I don’t have to compare myself to other people
So there you have it, 60 affirmations to help you get out of the cycle of self doubt. But it’s not enough to just read them and then go about your day. They have to soak into your psyche so that you automatically turn to them and cut off negative thought patterns before they have a chance to take root.
Having said that, I have a mini assignment for you. Pick your top 5-10 quotes and write them down on brightly coloured sticky notes. Post them in places you spend a lot of time. Put one note near your sink so you can read your quotes while doing the dishes. Put one note on your bathroom mirror so you can read it while doing your hair and makeup. Choose a spot that works for you.
Rotate and choose 5-10 new quotes for the next week.
Next, say them out loud. Yes, I know it might feel funny at first but speaking your positive daily affirmations aloud does wonders for long-term well-being. You’ll rewire your brain to hold on to the positive instead of defaulting to negative thoughts.
Give it a try and share your thoughts in the comments.